Thursday, October 21, 2010

The first blog

SAN FRANCISCO, CA
It is a warm night for October, typical for the city, but since it isn’t summer, the sentiment is more of reflection than of rebirth. And I saw this spider crawling up the window, and thought about how I like spiders, never felt any kind of fear. And it dawned on me. Spiders are grey. They aren’t the most appealing creatures on the outset, but they tend not to be dangerous and they feed off pests.
I am reminded of recent conversations with my friend who bought a pack of clove cigareetes for us to share, but she makes me keep them so she doesn’t smoke them all in one go. We are that strange anomaly that can only be described as grey. We do not swing so full heartedly to the left or the right, but we do not see ourselves as somewhere in the middle, as we have strong opinions. 'Sensible' is not something that we strive for.
So what does it mean to be grey? This is what I am hoping to explore, at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. well, I like the idea of sensible, at least. but it stays in the idea part of my head most of the time.
    i'd like to propose you also explore whatever may not be grey in you. I find that whenever a non-grey spot in me comes up it is a wondrous thing. not always great but always surprising. they are few though, and I also like spiders.
    I'll continue to have you keep my cloves.

    ReplyDelete